[ Ultrafiltration ]
Ultrafiltration technology is widely used in the industrial field as well as in municipal applications. In details UltraFiltration is often adopted as a pre-treatment of Reverse Osmosis thanks to its reliability and efficiency. Removal of suspended solids, organics, bacteria and colloids is achieved with very limited waste.
Ultrafiltration treatment can be applied on a very wide range of feed fluids. Unidro experience allows to select proper technology within ultrafiltration and to adapt configuration to specific plant needs.
As a key parameter, suitable operating flux shall be selected according with the feed water type and source.
During operation, UF fibers are automatically cleaned through a compressed air scouring or through a water backwash, depending on the application and on client’s needs.
A schedule for inline chemical cleanings is also foreseen for these elements and optimized in accordance with the operating parameters of each installation.
- Footprint: comparing with traditional pretreatment allows footprint saving, due to very compact installation.
- Adaptability: we select the most appropriate design with reference to process requirements and flowrate range.
- Modularity: our systems may be extended by adding modules to increase the water treatment capacity.
Unidro has experience in design, commissioning and start-up of different Ultrafiltration technologies:
- Pressurized UF / submerged UF
- Hollow fiber – Single capillary / Multi-bore
- Material: PES / PVDF (TIPS or NIPS)
- High pressure / low pressure
- Inside – Outside filtration / vice-versa
- Water backwash / Air scouring
- Vertical standalone module / Horizontal multi-membrane pressure vessel
- Dead-end / Crossflow operation